As work on the new Arts and Culture Center, located in Townhead Park, progresses, Singleton Council encourages local creatives to be part of the new Arts and Culture Advisory Group to help raise awareness. local government area the center of hunters’ creativity.
Meeting at least four times a year, Vicki Brereton, the council’s director of organization and community capacity, said the group would reflect the breadth of arts, heritage and cultural diversity in the Singleton area.
The function of the Arts and Culture Advisory Group is to:
- Support the Council in the implementation of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2020-2030
- Help the council promote and celebrate the arts, culture and heritage of Singleton and build connections between arts, culture and heritage groups and individuals in the community
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Council on issues related to arts, culture and heritage
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of a strong and identifiable public profile for the arts and culture through the Singleton LGA
- Assist the Council in developing, monitoring and revising the Arts and Culture Strategy 2020-2030
âWe may have already painted a picture of what we want arts and culture to look like in Singleton over the next decade with the adoption of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2020-2030, but we let’s not wait for the Arts and Culture Center in Townhead Park to open to start sculpting our Cultural Revolution, âMs. Brereton said.
âWith the leadership already established and underway, the formation of the Arts and Culture Advisory Group is an important step, working with us to support and promote our thriving creative community and strengthen cultural ties through our LGA.
“We are committed to implementing the actions set out in the strategy and working with our community to implement quality programs that enhance Singleton’s identity and enrich the lives of the people who live here and visit here.
âIf you are an active member of our community and a passionate advocate for arts and culture in our region, this is the perfect position for you, and I invite you to submit your expression of interest on the Council website. .
Expressions of interest describing related experience and reason for applying to join the group should be made by November 15th. For more information and to download the EOI form, visit Whttps://www.singleton.nsw.gov.au/310/Public-Exhibition or contact our customer service at T 02 6578 7290 so that a hard copy can be sent to you.