Today, the third-party developers had news and releases to share about airplane and airport add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
We take a first look at the exterior of the de Havilland Canada Dash 7 in SimWorks Studios and PILOT’s, alongside a development update.
“All our attention is focused on the Dash 7 in cooperation with PILOT’S GesmbH. The exterior model is in the process of placing decals, so we are placing rivets, panel lines and de-icing boots. After that, the plane will be ready to receive its final coat of dirt and grime on the details, which will complete the exterior textures. The liveries await their “marks of use” but other than that they are done, and some screenshots can be seen here. The liveries included will be British Antarctic Survey, Air Greenland, Brymon, Berjaya Air, Tyrolean and Continental. The cockpit is in the process of placing decals. Right now all the flight instruments are marked enough for us to do flight testing. We’re working on placing the rest of the labels and fixing some flaws in the model before we drop headfirst into the textures.
The flight model of the aircraft is complete and the focus is on engine tuning. Right now the motor is producing the right amount of torque and RPM, so we have some work to do with the propellers to bring it up to speed.
Finally, on the coding side, the cockpit is gradually being activated. Our engine, hydraulics, oil gauges are working, COM/NAV/ADF radios are active and basic flight instruments are also functional. The DME PN622 has been programmed, tested and will be integrated into the cockpit any day now. Every day more and more signs come to life.
We also hear from Prealsoft scenery design, which mentions that most of the work of the Tunis-Carthage International Airport (DTTA) in Tunisia is complete. We can also see the first screenshot and more will come soon.
Moving on to the exit, Belfast International Airport (EGAA) in Northern Ireland by Pyreegue has been released.
you can buy it on Orbx Direct for $20.70.
- Fully modeled terminal interior with animated characters inside.
- Working VDGS powered by noolaero. (Requires an external plugin)
- Custom animated jetway with a dynamic hood.
- Custom ground polygons with hundreds of markings and precise weathering
- Development 2022
- Custom night lighting
- PBR texturing on all objects
- Hundreds of Dynamic Object Levels of Detail for ultra-smooth, stutter-free performance.
- Integration of ATC/AI traffic by default, airline codes specific to parking spaces.
- Parallax windows on all objects to simulate an interior.
- Surroundings included, such as the huge car park behind the airport, Maldron Hotel, DX Express, DHL and Swissport logistics centers, McCausland Car Park, COSMO Car Hire and Parking, M&S Simply Food, EmoExpress Gas Station, Park&Fly Service, Military Barracks and quite a few other region-specific buildings.
- Animated speed cameras
- Window rain effects for terminal interior
- Highly detailed ATC tower interior with animated tower controllers
- Detailed Woodgate Aviation Hangar
- Static business jets
- Static helicopters
- Static Airliners (customizable option)
- A one-of-a-kind Boeing RC135 Rivet Static Seal and an Airbus A400M
- Detailed fire training ground
Finally, Mokui launched Sitka Rocky Gutierrez Airport (PASI) in Alaska, USA.
you can buy it on Sim Market for $11.25 plus applicable VAT.
- PASI (Sitka Airport) Plan and Buildings Upgraded to 2022
- Custom floor textures and wear
- Accurate airport buildings
- Reworked custom lighting
- Custom reworked airport signs
- Airport terrain + runway updated to match the real world
- Sitka Seaplane (no icao code, US FAA id: A29) added
- Custom port models, breakwaters and layout added and updated to 2022
- Seaplane dock added
- New suspension bridge landmark connecting Sitka and the airport (Oconnell Bridge)
If you want to learn more about Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can check out our brand new interview with Microsoft Flight Simulator lead Jorg Neumann about the 40th Anniversary Edition, Global Update, and more.
If you are curious about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Beijing Capital International Airport, Anchorage International Airport, Fenix Airbus A320, Yeager International Airport from West Virginia, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, The Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport , Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Central Britain, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Krakow Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA -28R A rrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City and Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Nari ta Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin and Seoul City Wow.
We also recently published a review of the Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition, which is an excellent controller for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you want to know more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about the game from Asobo Studio.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam, and Xbox Series X|S. A free 40th Anniversary Edition with lots of goodies was recently announced.