Microsoft Office, Microsoft’s suite of productivity applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, has been immensely popular among individuals and businesses for many, numerous years. Microsoft Office apps are some of the best Windows 10 apps available for completing work and homework, and because of this, Microsoft Office has become the global standard for productivity. From time to time, Microsoft releases a new version of Office and its applications that feature several improvements and additions. These improvements further improve the already excellent user experience of Office, which naturally leads to increased work efficiency.
The latest version of Microsoft Office to release was the 2019 variant, but Microsoft recently released a new 2021 version of Office. Here’s everything you need to know about Microsoft Office 2021, including where you can download it, what’s new in the new version of Office, and more.
VPN offers: lifetime license for $ 16, monthly plans for $ 1 and more
Microsoft Office 2021 release date
Microsoft recently released the consumer version of Microsoft Office 2021 alongside Windows 11 on October 5, 2021. Additionally, a special version of Office called Office LTSC that contains most of the Office 2021 upgrades was released on September 16.
Based on comments from Microsoft Vice President for Microsoft 365, Jared Spataro, Office LTSC is intended for specific business circumstances rather than individual customers. âWe designed Office LTSC for a limited set of specific situations: regulated devices that cannot accept feature updates for years, process control devices on the shop floor that are not connected to the Internet, and specialized systems that must remain locked. time and require a long-term service channel.
For more information on accessing Office LTSC, see the Overview of Office LTSC 2021 and Deployment of Office LTSC 2021 from Microsoft pages.
Microsoft Office 2021 Required configuration
There are no system requirements for Microsoft Office 2021 yet. That being said, we don’t expect the system requirements between Office 2019 and Office 2021 to change much, if at all. Therefore, if you have a device that supports Office 2019, there is a very There is a good chance that it can also run Office 2021 without a problem. Here is an overview of the system requirements for Office 2019:
- CPU: 1 GHz dual-core processor
- GPYU: DirectX 9 or higher with WDDM 2.0 or higher
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage room: 4 GB of available space
- Display: 1280×768 screen resolution
- Navigator: Current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome or Firefox
- .NET version: Some features require .NET 4.6 or higher
- Other: Some Outlook features require Microsoft Edge WebView2
What’s new with Microsoft Office 2021?
Compared to Microsoft Office 2019, Microsoft Office 2021 offers several new enhancements and improvements. Here’s a breakdown of the additions you can expect from the full 2021 Microsoft Office suite of apps:
- Visual refresh designed with clean monoline iconography in mind
- New multimedia content in stock
- Microsoft search bar in all apps for general search queries
- Performance improvement
- Updated drawing tab with new point eraser, ruler and lasso additions
- OpenDocument 1.3 format support
- Sketched style outline option for shapes
- Added hexadecimal color value box when choosing colors
- XLOOKUP search to find information in tables and ranges
- Dynamic array functions including FILTER, SORT, SORTBY, UNIQUE, SEQUENCE and RANDARRAY
- LET function that assigns names to calculation results
- XMATCH function that searches for a specified element and then provides the relative position of the element
- Record Slideshow now has options for Presenter Video Recording, Ink Recording, and Laser Pointer Recording
- You can replay the ink strokes to illustrate things step by step or visualize a thought process
- You can see the slide items in screen reading order and rearrange them as needed
- Translation of emails into over 70 different languages ââwill be supported
- Annotate email images with your finger, pen, or mouse
- Instant search feature lets you quickly find specific emails
- Updated linked table manager with refresh, reconnect, or delete options
- Adding the DateTime2 SQL data type
- Tab manager that allows you to see active tabs, rearrange tabs or close database objects
- New Azure stencils and shapes
- New AWS Templates and Shapes
- Social distancing in the workplace template and stencil
Where to download Microsoft Office 2021
Like previous versions of Microsoft Office, we anticipate that you will be able to download Microsoft Office 2021 from the official Microsoft website by logging into the site after purchasing Office 2021. A listing for Office 2021 has not yet been spotted on the Microsoft’s website, but it is likely to be available soon. Note that you can also download Microsoft Office 2021 from purchases made on third-party storefronts like Amazon and Newegg.
For more information on how the Office download process currently works, see Microsoft’s download guide.
Can you to improve Office 2019?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to upgrade from Office 2019 to Office 2021 without paying a premium. That said, you’re in luck if you’re using Microsoft 365, which is Microsoft’s subscription-based alternative to one-time Microsoft Office purchases. Microsoft has previously stated that all Office applications and services are automatically updated with the latest features and enhancements through Microsoft 365, implying that Microsoft 365 users will receive the benefits of Office 2021 through the service.
Microsoft Office 2021 the price
Following the announcement of Office 2021, Microsoft’s Jared Spataro confirmed that the price of Office 2021 is the same as the cost of Office 2019. This means that the Office 2021 versions cost the following amounts:
- Home and Student Office: $ 149.99
- Home and business office: $ 249.99
- Office professional: $ 439.99
Since Microsoft 365 gives subscribers access to Office 2021 additions, you will also be able to take advantage of the new and improved Office 2021 version of applications such as Word and Excel through the service. Here are the prices for all available Microsoft 365 plans:
- Microsoft 365 Personal: $ 69.99 / year or $ 6.99 / month
- Microsoft 365 family: $ 99.99 / year or $ 9.99 / month
- Microsoft 365 Basic Enterprise: $ 5 / month per user
- Microsoft 365 Commercial Standard: $ 12.50 / month per user
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise Premium: $ 20 / month per user
- Microsoft 365 apps for businesses: $ 8.25 / month per user
Welcome to your new office
Microsoft Office 2021
Set to work
The latest version of Microsoft Office is the most advanced yet, with many useful improvements and improvements over Office 2019.
Productivity at work and in life
The Microsoft 365 Home and Family subscription leverages the features and benefits of AI in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, and also enhances Microsoft Edge, Teams, and Family Safety on Windows 10, Xbox, Android and iOS.
We can earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.