Are you having trouble connecting to EA servers while playing Battlefield 2042? Here is a complete guide to fix the error. Battlefield 2042 is a recent first-person shooter which is already popular among millions of gaming enthusiasts. It is loved by gamers, however, it has its share of errors and glitches that have ended the game. One such error is 1:468822970:1502l:-403319830:0B which basically occurs when attempting connection to online services. This is a network connection error that is preventing you from connecting to EA servers.
Once triggered, you will receive the following error message:
ERROR Connecting to online services
A network connection error occurred while connecting to EA servers. Please check your internet connection, make sure the platform client is online and try again. Please see ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information.
Error code: 1:468822970:1502l:-403319830:0B
Now, if you are also facing the same error then you can follow this guide. Here we will discuss several fixes that will help you resolve the error.
What causes this error when connecting to EA servers in Battlefield 2042?
Here are the potential causes that can trigger error code 1:468822970:1502l:-403319830:0B in Battlefield 2042:
- This error code may be the result of an ongoing server problem. So make sure there is no server crash or other server issue since Battlefield ended.
- It can also be very well facilitated due to internet connection issues. If the scenario applies, check your internet connection and ensure that you are connected to an optimized and stable internet connection.
- Corrupt cache on your console can also be a reason why you are getting this error. Hence, you can try power cycling your console to get rid of the error.
- This error can also be triggered if you are dealing with corrupted or missing Battlefield 2042 game files. So PC users can try verifying the integrity of game files on their respective game launcher to resolve the error .
- It could also be due to DNS server inconsistency. Therefore, if the scenario is applicable, change your default DNS server to Google’s equivalent to fix the error.
Based on the above scenario, you can try an appropriate fix to fix this error on Battlefield 2042.
An error occurred while connecting to EA servers while playing Battlefield 2042
You can use the methods below to fix EA network connection error in Battlefield 2042:
- Make sure there is no server problem.
- Check your internet connection.
- Power cycle the console (if applicable).
- Verify the integrity of game files on Steam/Origin/Epic (for PC users).
- Switch to Google DNS.
Let’s discuss these fixes in detail now!
1]Make sure there is no server problem
The error can be triggered if there are ongoing server issues at the end of Battlefield 2042. You can encounter the error when there is a server crash or servers under maintenance. So, before trying any other fix, make sure the current Battlefield 2042 server state is running.
To check the server status of Battlefield 2042, you can use a free server status detector tool. You can also contact the official Battlefield team on social media or through their website to inquire about the current server status. If you find out that the servers are currently down, you will have to wait some time until the issues are resolved on the server side.
However, if there is no current server issue, you can try the following potential fix to resolve the error.
Read: How to fix Battlefield 2042 error code 25?
2]Check your internet connection
This error may be the result of a weak internet connection. Therefore, make sure that you are connected to high speed and stable internet to avoid this error. Here are some tips you can follow to troubleshoot internet-related issues:
- You can try to troubleshoot WiFi issues if there are any.
- Disconnect all other devices using the same internet to avoid bandwidth throttling.
- Check your internet speed and make sure it is sufficient. If the speed is not enough, you will need to upgrade your internet plan to optimize your gaming experience.
- You can also try using Ethernet to optimize your internet connection and improve your overall gaming experience.
If you are sure that your internet is not the problem, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve the error.
See: Battlefield 2042 keeps crashing or freezing on PC.
3]Power cycle the console (if applicable)
If you are experiencing error 1:468822970:1502l:-403319830:0B in Battlefield 2042 on your console, you can try power cycling the console to fix the error. The error could very well be facilitated by a corrupt cache stored on your console. It is possible that the corrupted cache files produced by the game are preventing the connection with the game server, so in this case restarting your console should help you get rid of the error.
To restart your Xbox One console, you can try the steps below:
- First, press and hold the power button on your Xbox console to turn it off.
- Next, unplug your console from the main power switch and wait at least 30 seconds to let the console completely shut down.
- After that, plug in your console and turn it on normally.
- Finally, launch Battlefield 2042 game and check if the error is now fixed.
If you still receive the same error, there might be another underlying reason behind the error. So, try the next potential fix to resolve the error.
Read: Battlefield 2042 FPS Drops and Stuttering Issues on PC.
4]Verify integrity of game files on Steam/Origin/Epic (for PC users)
PC users can try verifying the integrity of the game files to fix the error. This error can be the result of corrupt and missing game files associated with Battlefield 2042. Depending on the game launcher you are using, the steps to repair game files.
Here are the steps to verify the integrity of game files on Steam:
- First, start the Steam client and navigate to LIBRARY.
- Now right click on Battlefield 2042 game title and select the Properties option.
- Next, go to the Local Files tab and press the Verify integrity of game files button.
- Wait for the verification process to complete. Once done, relaunch the game and see if the error is fixed or not.
You can repair Battlefield 2042 game files on Origin:
- First, start the Origins launcher and navigate to the My game library section.
- Now locate Battlefield 2042 in your games lists and right click on it.
- Then click on the repair option.
- After that, Origin will attempt to scan and repair your game files.
- Once the process is complete, launch the game again and see if the error is resolved or not.
To verify Battlefield 2042 game files on Epic launcher, here are the steps:
- First, launch the Epic launcher and navigate to the Library section.
- Now locate the Battlefield 2042 game and then click on the Verify option associated with the game.
- Then let the verification process complete and when it is done try to launch the game again. Hopefully the error will now be fixed.
If this method does not fix the error for you, you can try the next solution to fix the error.
See: Fixed Battlefield 2042 launch error 0xC0020015.
5]Switch to Google DNS
Inconsistency with your default DNS server can be another reason that could cause the current error. If you are having DNS server issues, you can try using a more reliable DNS server like Google DNS Server. Here’s how:
- First, press Windows + R to bring up the Run dialog and enter ncpa.cpl in it to open the Network Connections window.
- Next, select your active internet connection and right-click on it.
- Then, in the context menu, select the Properties option.
- Now in the Properties dialog window, click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option, then press the Properties button.
- Then select the Use the following DNS server addresses then enter the addresses below:
- Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Then go back to the previous settings, choose the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPV6) option, and press the Properties button.
- After that select the Use the following DNS server addresses option and use the following addresses:
- Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888
- Alternate DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Finally, press the Apply > OK button to save changes.
After switching to Google DNS, try running the game again and see if the error is fixed now.
Related: Fixed Warzone getting stuck when connecting to online services.
Unable to connect to EA Battlefield 2042 servers?
If you’re having trouble connecting to EA servers in Battlefield 2042, make sure it’s not a server error. In addition to that, check your internet connection and make sure your internet is stable and optimized. Apart from this, you can also try the fixes we have mentioned in this article.
Related: Unable to connect to EA servers; You have lost connection to EA servers.
How to run as administrator in Battlefield 2042?
To run Battlefield 2042 as an administrator, right-click on the game executable. From the context menu, click the Run as administrator option to run it with administrator privileges.
Now read: Battlefield 2042 Error 4C or 13C, Unable to load persistence data.