Nov 27, 2023
Navigating the Microsoft Azure Developer Certification Path: A Guide to Advancing Your Skills in Cloud Development
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform that provides a wide range of services and tools for developers. It enables developers to build, deploy, and manage applications in the cloud. Microsoft Azure provides an extensive certification path for developers to demonstrate their expertise in the platform and gain recognition for their skills.
The Microsoft Azure Developer certification path consists of four levels: Associate, Expert, Specialty, and Master. Each of these levels has its own requirements and focuses on different aspects of Azure development.
At the Associate level, there are two certifications available: AZ-204 Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure and AZ-203 Developing Applications for Microsoft Azure. These certifications focus on developing applications using the Azure platform. They cover topics such as developing applications using serverless computing, creating virtual machines, deploying web applications, working with databases, implementing authentication and authorization solutions, creating mobile apps with Xamarin or React Native, working with containers and Kubernetes clusters, managing data storage solutions such as Cosmos DB or Blob Storage, integrating other services such as Power BI or Cognitive Services into applications, managing resources with ARM templates or PowerShell scripts, automating processes with Logic Apps or Functions Apps and more.
At the Expert level there is one certification available: AZ-300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies. This certification focuses on designing solutions using the Azure platform. It covers topics such as designing infrastructure solutions using virtual machines and networking technologies; designing data storage solutions; designing messaging solutions; designing security solutions; designing application architecture; designing DevOps processes; managing identities; designing monitoring solutions; deploying applications in containers; managing workloads in Kubernetes clusters; migrating workloads to the cloud; creating serverless architectures with Functions Apps or Logic Apps; leveraging serverless databases like Cosmos DB or Table Storage; integrating cognitive services into applications and more.
The Specialty level consists of two certifications: AZ-301 Microsoft Azure Architect Design and AZ-400 Designing & Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions. The AZ-301 certification focuses on designing complex architectures using the Azure platform while the AZ-400 certification focuses on planning DevOps strategies using various tools such as Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Jenkins or GitHub Actions. Both certifications cover topics such as architecting multi-tier applications in an automated manner using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles; planning CI/CD pipelines to deploy code frequently to multiple environments while ensuring quality standards are met throughout the process; leveraging Kubernetes clusters for container orchestration; leveraging monitoring tools like Application Insights to ensure application availability & performance is maintained at all times; integrating security best practices into DevOps pipelines & architectures and more.
Finally at the Master level there is one certification available: AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies. This certification focuses on securing cloud platforms using various tools & technologies available within the Azure stack. It covers topics such as implementing identity & access management (IAM); protecting network resources using Network Security Groups (NSGs) & Virtual Private Networks (VPNs); securing application resources including web apps & APIs by configuring App Service authentication & authorization rules ; securing data stored in databases by encrypting data at rest & in transit ; configuring logging & auditing mechanisms to detect malicious activities ; implementing security policies across multiple resource groups & subscriptions ; deploying threat protection services like Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) ; setting up security baselines across multiple resource types ; leveraging advanced security features like Key Vault to secure secrets etc..
Overall this comprehensive certification path helps developers demonstrate their expertise in developing cloud native applications leveraging various services offered by Microsoft Azure while also gaining recognition from employers for their skillset .
Frequently Asked Questions about Microsoft Azure Developer Certification Path
- What are the path levels of Azure certification?
- How do I become a certified Azure developer?
- Which Azure certification is best for UI developers?
- Which is better AZ-104 or AZ-204?
What are the path levels of Azure certification?
The path levels of Azure certification are:
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
Microsoft Certified: Data Engineer Associate
7. Microsoft Certified: AI Engineer Associate
How do I become a certified Azure developer?
To become a certified Azure developer, you can follow these steps:
- Choose the appropriate certification: Determine which level of certification you want to pursue based on your experience and career goals. The Microsoft Azure Developer certification path consists of different levels, including Associate, Expert, Specialty, and Master.
- Review the certification requirements: Visit the official Microsoft Azure certifications website to understand the specific requirements for the certification you have chosen. Each certification has its own set of prerequisites and exams that need to be completed.
- Gain hands-on experience: Familiarize yourself with the Azure platform by working on real-world projects or experimenting with Azure services in a sandbox environment. This practical experience will help you understand the concepts and technologies required for the certification.
- Prepare for the exams: Study the exam objectives provided by Microsoft for your chosen certification. Utilize official Microsoft documentation, online tutorials, training courses, practice tests, and other resources to prepare effectively. Microsoft Learning also offers official training courses specifically designed for each certification.
- Practice with hands-on labs: Take advantage of hands-on labs provided by Microsoft or other reputable sources to gain practical experience in working with Azure services relevant to your chosen certification.
- Schedule and take the exams: Once you feel confident in your knowledge and skills, schedule your exam through the official Microsoft Certification website or an authorized testing center near you.
- Pass the exams: On exam day, make sure you are well-rested and prepared. Read each question carefully during the exam and answer to the best of your ability based on your knowledge and understanding of Azure development concepts.
- Earn your certification: After successfully passing all required exams, congratulations! You will receive an email notification from Microsoft indicating that you have earned your Azure developer certification.
Remember that certifications are valid for a certain period of time before they need to be renewed or upgraded based on new technology advancements or changes in Azure services.
By following these steps, you can become a certified Azure developer and showcase your expertise in developing applications on the Microsoft Azure platform.
Which Azure certification is best for UI developers?
The Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate certification is the best Azure certification for UI developers. This certification covers skills such as developing Azure compute solutions, developing for Azure storage, implementing authentication and secure data solutions, and developing for cloud integration.
Which is better AZ-104 or AZ-204?
The AZ-204 exam is the most up-to-date certification exam for Azure administrators. It covers a more comprehensive set of skills and topics than the AZ-104 exam. Therefore, if you are looking to demonstrate your knowledge and skills as an Azure administrator, the AZ-204 exam is the better option.More Details