Nov 28, 2023
Jumpstart Your Cloud Career with Azure: Achieve Success with the Azure Entry Level Certification
Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers. It provides software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and supports many different programming languages, tools, and frameworks, including both Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems.
For those looking to break into the world of cloud computing, Azure offers an entry level certification program designed to help individuals become proficient in the fundamentals of the platform. The Azure Fundamentals certification is an ideal starting point for those looking to establish a strong foundation in the fundamentals of cloud computing. The exam covers topics such as cloud concepts, core Azure services, security, privacy, compliance and trust.
The exam is designed to assess an individual’s knowledge of cloud concepts such as scalability, availability, elasticity and agility; core Azure services such as compute, storage, networking and databases; security features including authentication methods; compliance requirements; and trust principles. The exam also covers how to monitor usage metrics for cost optimization.
To earn the Azure Fundamentals certification an individual must pass one exam: AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals. This exam is available online or in person at any authorized testing center worldwide. To prepare for this exam it is recommended that individuals have at least six months of hands-on experience with the Azure platform or have completed training courses such as Introduction to Azure or Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions.
The AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certification demonstrates that an individual has the skills needed to understand cloud concepts; core services available on the Azure platform; security features; compliance requirements; trust principles; pricing models; and support options offered by Microsoft. It is also a great way to showcase one’s knowledge on their resume or LinkedIn profile when applying for jobs in the field of cloud computing or IT in general.
Overall, obtaining an entry level certification such as the AZ-900 can be extremely beneficial for those looking to break into cloud computing or advance their career in IT by demonstrating their understanding of core concepts related to the use of Microsoft’s Azure platform.
Frequently Asked Questions About Entry-Level Azure Certifications
- Which Azure certification is best for fresher?
- Is AZ 900 for beginners?
- What is the entry level Azure certification?
- Where should I start with Azure certification?
Which Azure certification is best for fresher?
For freshers or individuals new to Azure, the best certification to start with is the Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals. This certification is designed for beginners and provides a solid foundation in Azure cloud concepts, services, security, and compliance.
The AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam is the entry point for all other Azure certifications. It covers fundamental topics such as cloud computing concepts, core Azure services, security and privacy features, pricing models, support options, and more. This certification does not require any prior experience with Azure or cloud computing, making it an ideal starting point for freshers.
By obtaining the Azure Fundamentals certification, freshers can demonstrate their understanding of key concepts and gain credibility in the job market. It serves as a stepping stone for further specialization in specific areas of Azure based on individual interests and career goals.
After completing the Azure Fundamentals certification, freshers can explore other role-based certifications such as Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate based on their desired career path within the Azure ecosystem. These certifications validate more advanced skills and knowledge in specific roles within the platform.
Remember that while certifications are valuable assets on a resume, practical hands-on experience with Azure through internships, projects, or personal initiatives will also greatly enhance your understanding and marketability in the field.
Is AZ 900 for beginners?
Yes, the AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certification is specifically designed for beginners and individuals who are new to cloud computing. It serves as an entry-level certification and does not require any prior experience with Azure or cloud technologies.
The AZ-900 exam covers the fundamental concepts of cloud computing and introduces the core services and features available on the Azure platform. It is designed to provide a broad understanding of Azure’s capabilities, security, compliance, pricing models, and support options.
This certification is a great starting point for those who want to familiarize themselves with Azure and gain a foundational understanding of cloud computing principles. It is suitable for individuals who are new to IT or looking to transition into a career in cloud computing.
Microsoft provides study materials, documentation, and learning paths specifically tailored for beginners to help them prepare for the AZ-900 exam. These resources cover the basic concepts and terminology related to Azure, making it accessible for individuals without prior experience in the field.
By earning the AZ-900 certification, beginners can showcase their knowledge and commitment to learning about cloud computing using Microsoft Azure. It can be a valuable credential when seeking entry-level positions or pursuing further certifications in the Azure certification pathway.
What is the entry level Azure certification?
The entry level Azure certification is called “Azure Fundamentals.” It is designed for individuals who are new to cloud computing and want to gain a foundational understanding of Microsoft Azure. This certification validates the candidate’s knowledge of basic cloud concepts, core Azure services, security, privacy, compliance, and trust.
To earn the Azure Fundamentals certification, candidates need to pass the AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam. This exam covers topics such as cloud computing concepts, Azure services and solutions, security and privacy features, pricing models, support options, and more. It is available both online and at authorized testing centers worldwide.
The Azure Fundamentals certification serves as a stepping stone for individuals who want to pursue more advanced certifications in Azure or specialize in specific areas such as data analytics, AI, or cybersecurity within the Azure ecosystem. It provides a solid foundation for understanding the fundamental principles of cloud computing using Microsoft Azure.
By obtaining this entry level certification, individuals can demonstrate their knowledge and commitment to learning about cloud technologies and enhance their career prospects in various roles such as IT support, sales, marketing, or any other field that involves working with Microsoft Azure.
Where should I start with Azure certification?
If you’re looking to start your journey with Azure certification, there are a few steps you can take to get started:
- Define your goals: Determine which Azure certification aligns with your career aspirations and interests. Azure offers certifications for various roles and skill levels, such as Azure Administrator, Azure Developer, Azure Solutions Architect, and more. Research the different certifications available and choose the one that best suits your career path.
- Explore the Microsoft Learn platform: Microsoft Learn is a free online learning platform that provides comprehensive resources for Azure certification preparation. It offers a variety of self-paced modules, tutorials, hands-on labs, and learning paths specifically designed to help you acquire the skills needed for each certification.
- Start with the fundamentals: If you are new to Azure or cloud computing in general, it is recommended to begin with the Azure Fundamentals certification (AZ-900). This entry-level certification will provide you with a solid understanding of core concepts and services within the Azure ecosystem.
- Take advantage of free resources: Microsoft provides numerous free resources to support your learning journey. These include documentation, whitepapers, webinars, and videos available on the official Microsoft website and other online platforms.
- Practice with hands-on labs: Hands-on experience is crucial when working with cloud technologies like Azure. Take advantage of the free Azure sandbox environments provided by Microsoft or explore virtual labs that allow you to practice using real-world scenarios without incurring any costs.
- Join study groups or communities: Engaging with others who are also pursuing Azure certifications can be beneficial for sharing knowledge and gaining insights. Join online forums or study groups where you can collaborate with peers, ask questions, and learn from each other’s experiences.
- Consider instructor-led training: If you prefer a structured learning approach or want guidance from experienced trainers, consider enrolling in instructor-led training courses offered by Microsoft Learning Partners or other reputable training providers.
- Practice with practice exams: Once you feel confident in your knowledge and skills, practice exams can help you assess your readiness for the actual certification exam. Microsoft offers official practice exams that simulate the real exam experience and provide valuable feedback on areas that may require further study.
- Schedule and take the certification exam: When you feel adequately prepared, schedule your certification exam through the official Microsoft Certification website or authorized testing centers. Be sure to review the exam objectives and any additional study materials before taking the exam.
Remember, Azure certifications are a validation of your expertise in specific areas of Azure technology. Continuously update your skills as Azure evolves by exploring advanced certifications and staying up-to-date with new features and services offered by Microsoft. Good luck on your Azure certification journey!More Details